Saturday 4 November 2017

Sesame Street and The Moon.

Barcelona/September


Did you see the moon last night?

I always look at the moon, and I always think of…

I’m not interested; I only want to know about the moon.

It was full.

I know.

And?

Describe it for me.

It was moonlike.

That the best you can do?

It was big. Surprisingly so - I came round a corner on the motorway and there it was hanging over the electricity pylons. Shockingly radiant.

It’s always huge on the horizon.

This was huger. Later though it was… well, imagine that you could take it and toss it into a lake and the ripples that spread out from the centre of the splash were silver.

There were a few clouds, i agree.

Or, imagine you were at school and you had taken the teacher’s chalks and tried to recreate it on the blackboard and then you had heard the footsteps of the teacher in the corridor and you quickly tried to erase it with the sleeve of your jacket, but you didn’t have time to fully do so.

You’re asking me to imagine a lot.

It’s good for you.

Hey, that reminds me, do you remember that bit in Sesame Street where the guy sat in his armchair and started imaging?

I do, I love Sesame Street.

It’s not on the list.


By the way, how’s the midnight cinema coming along?

The poster is almost ready.

And the films?

Selected, ready to go.

What’s holding you back?

Equipment, it’s on the way – it’s being smuggled in from the island by agent H.

You’ll let me know when it opens?


You’ll be the first to hear.

No comments: