Tuesday 18 October 2016

An Exercise in Style - A Bitsnbobs October Mini-Series (Point of View Table).

exercise in style 18

Queneau - French bloke, wrote a book, inspired me. I've explained it all here.

Day 18 - Point of View table)

I haven’t always been a table.

I started out in the forest, mighty tree I was.

Then the bastards chopped me down, dragged me through the mud, cut me arms and legs off and sent me down the river.

Bloody freezing it was.

Great ugly git with a wicked hook yanked me out, sent me through the saw-mill.

It was murder.

Then they nailed me up like Jesus on the cross, called it a boat.

They even smashed a glass bottle over my head.

Bunch of pirates tore me apart with cannon and I almost drowned.

Washed up on the west coast and lay there for years.

She picked me up, took me home.

First loving touch I’d felt.

Waxed me, polished me.

Made me shine.

A small heart carved in my skin?

Nothing compared to want went before.


Her name, I’m proud to wear.

ab/153

No comments: